Friday, March 13, 2009

A Day of Snorkeling

Well, it's a rough job, but someone has to do it. I was happy to volunteer - after swimming out to the reef you see behind me with white waves breaking over it. Looooong swim. I was amazed that I made it as I'm not that strong as a swimmer and the wind was blowing quite strongly. Our friend, Bob, swam out with me. We snorkeled for quite a long time. The coral is not very pretty here - it's outside the marine reserve so not as protected from locals and tourists standing on it or otherwise abusing it. But!...I did see three small squid swimming along. That's a first sighting for me here. And the fish were pretty, but not as numerous as I would have expected.

Bob and Debi are staying at their time-share this week and invited us over to swim, snorkel and lunch.

This is the long pier leading out to their dock.

A view of the island from the dock.

Debi and I standing on the upper level of the dock. Salt water does wonders for your hair.


No comments:

Post a Comment